Your personal information and privacy are important to us. Geordie Productions Inc. (“Geordie”) never sells customer or donor mailing lists. We value our patrons, partners and supporters and treat their personal information with utmost care, in accordance with federal and provincial law. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use and disclose Your information in connection with our services, such as, but not limited to, Our website, performances and classes, both in person and digital.
We use Your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services. By using our Services, You Personal Information to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement:
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Geordie” in this Agreement) refers to Geordie Productions Inc, 550 Delinelle, Montreal QC H4C 3B1. Charity #11893 6962 RR0001
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Canada
- Province refers to Quebec
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website and activities offered by Geordie.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company, such as our staff, performers or teachers. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Geordie to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to Personal Information collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to http://Geordie.ca
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Services, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Street, Province, Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access our Services by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your device’s unique ID, the IP address of Your device, Your operating system, the type of Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
You may also have the option of sharing additional information with Geordie through Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Facebook, or communication service, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams. If You choose to provide such information and Personal Information, You are giving Us permission to use, share, and store it in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through our Website or in person.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the products or contracted services.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about our services, events or performances which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information only in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement. Affiliates include joint venture partners or other companies that we partner with on a project basis.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Geordie will retain Your Financial Information collected in the fulfillment of ticket sales for a period of seven years, as per the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency. After this period, your Financial Information will be erased from our systems and physical copies will be destroyed. Only authorized personnel have access to this information. Your Personal Information is retained only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We will retain and use Your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Geordie will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed in Quebec and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Privacy Statement followed by Your submission of such information represents Your agreement to that transfer.
Geordie will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and no transfer of Your Personal Information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Information may be transferred. We will provide notice before Your Personal Information is transferred and becomes subject to a different Privacy Statement.
Under certain circumstances, the We may be required to disclose Your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
Geordie may disclose Your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Information and monitor the integrity of our systems, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you find a credit card transaction to Geordie that was not authorized by you, please contact your financial service provider immediately.
Geordie only collects and retains Personal Information of anyone under the age of 13 where this is necessary to manage and fulfil our services as a Theatre Company and Theatre School for Young Audiences. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 who is not using our services. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Information, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third party link, You will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise You to review the Privacy Statement of every site You visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update Our Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify You of any changes by posting the new Privacy Statement on this page.
You are advised to review this Privacy Statement periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any informational questions about this Privacy Statement, You can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concerns or complaints must be submitted in writing to: